Saturday, January 14, 2012

Epic Day

This morning we went out to the Art Shanty Projects. I have been working my a** off the last couple weeks designing stuff for the them, so it was really rewarding to see all of the artists and projects on the ice.

Here's Rey in the Monsters Under The Bed Shanty.  



Hanging out in a hammock.


and a giant robot.


This was a shanty dedicated to Norwegian culture.  You could dress as the three billy goat gruff, Norwegian in origin, and learn some of the language.  


I guess I'm the troll.


Here's a shanty that is dedicated to bikes.  They had all varieties to ride, so Rey chose the trike and rode it all around.


This is a shanty all about bureaucracy, so we had to fill out paperwork.  Sometimes, I just don't get what  people's art is about, and that's okay.


Another bureaucracy-focused shanty.  I think we are seeing a new trend in contemporary art. 




At least this one had a stamp for the kids.


We finished up at the Art Shanty and headed over to Diego's birthday at a massive indoor playground called the Adventure Peak.

There was a huge playground, but Rey was much more interested in the clear plates.



Here's Rey and the birthday boy.



You thought our day was finished.  Nope.  Our friends Paul and Linda came over for dinner.  We wanted to thank them for taking care of our pets and house.

Linda and Paul are expecting a little one. Judging by the way Rey and Ella reacted to them, they are going to be great parents.


Rey almost beat Paul, but Paul cheated.  Whew, I'm exhausted just writing about the day.  Put this one in the awesome category.


No comments: