Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Part 3 of the Journey in the Black Hills

This is an antelope that was right outside of my car. (There are too many prairie dogs in the field behind them.) They were hanging out in near the parking lot. I have a video of me that I will post in a little of bit.

These were some of the buffalo we saw. There were too many to count. These buffalo were in the parking lot so dad pulled over on the side of the road. Later on we saw 2 buffalo chasing a car. Dad drove by them really slow. The park ranger said that buffalo like to chase fast cars.

This is the stream that was behind my cabin. Johanna and I liked to walk down there. It was too muddy so I could not get close enough to touch the water.

This is the grass and clover that were outside the cabin. We had an enormous yard to play in. At night the deer ate the grass.

We also played on the log cabin porch. There was a barn swallow nest on the ceiling.

At the end of the day Johanna and I took a bath together.

Tomorrow's feature: Wind Cave National Park

No comments: