Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Our morning started off great. Dad and I sat at the kitchen table and ate Apple Cinnamon Cheerios. Then I helped dad open a present mom got for us to play with together. It was a matching game with all my favorite animals on it.

Dad wanted to go on a bike ride for his special day. We rode to the Stone Arch Bridge which is across the river from downtown. There was a big festival there that had all kinds of "stuff" you could buy and music you could listen to. We talked to the geese.

We were really hungry so we sat by the river and ate at Pracna. Mom got a BIG pickle with her sandwich. After lunch I fell asleep and mom and dad rode to the Soap Factory (dad looked at the art while mom waited with me) and then they rode to the Weisman Art Museum at the University of Minnesota.






I finally woke up from my nap and mom and dad took me to a park to play on the "wee". Dad rode the tiger and I rode the seahorse. (Check out dad's major farmer tan!)

It was a long bike ride. We decided to stop at Dairy Queen on our way home. I had a chocolate dipped cone. It was delicious. Dad kept trying to eat mom and my food after he finished his...we let him have a couple small bites...it is his day after all. Happy Father's Day! I love you dad!

1 comment:

Seven Authors in A Private Conversation said...

I'm impressed by Rey's ability to walk across the rope bridge! I think I was about twenty before I could do it. Reva