While grandma was in town we went to the mall and they let me ride on a bouncy Mickey Mouse ride. It was fun, but I would rather dance with mom and dad. This is dad's statue. I am finally taller than it!!
Rey, That statue brings back a lot of good memories. We brought that from the Philippines (where your Lolo & Lola are originally from) as as souvenir of your Dad & Tita Yanni's first trip to the Philippines in 1984. Don't remember how we carried it to the plane but we surely did! Glad to hear that you're taller than it---you're really growing Rey!
Yes, I like this photo and statue, too. It makes me think about Danish things my Dad brought back from Denmard. They were always special. We understood they came from a special place: Daddy's first home where we had relatives.
I think you will love this statue as you grow up. He's like a guard of the house. Aunt Reva
2 comments:
Rey,
That statue brings back a lot of good memories. We brought that from the Philippines (where your Lolo & Lola are originally from) as as souvenir of your Dad & Tita Yanni's first trip to the Philippines in 1984. Don't remember how we carried it to the plane but we surely did! Glad to hear that you're taller than it---you're really growing Rey!
Yes, I like this photo and statue, too. It makes me think about Danish things my Dad brought back from Denmard. They were always special. We understood they came from a special place: Daddy's first home where we had relatives.
I think you will love this statue as you grow up. He's like a guard of the house.
Aunt Reva
Post a Comment